Saturday, May 5, 2007

Going to Taiwan this summer

Kevin says:
We will be leaving for Taiwan on May 26 to see Alice's family and will stay there for 11 weeks during the summer. This will be my first time traveling to Asia. It's funny that I'm Asian but have never been to Asia. We will stop over in Hong Kong for one day on May 27, then be in Taiwan on May 28. When in Hong Kong, we will go up mountain on the tram. It's a famous tourist site.

I have not yet seen her father and brothers. I am looking forward to meeting the rest of her family. I have met her mother and her sister, Diane, when they came over for the wedding almost 2 years ago on May 21, 2005. But have never met her father and two brothers. Alice's sister Diane is a nurse and her parents are retired.

When we are in Taiwan for 11 weeks, we'll try to keep busy by teaching English as a Second Language (ESL). We'll make some money and travel at the same time. I don't know what to expect to see in Taiwan but it'll be an exciting summer.

No comments: