Saturday, May 5, 2007

We will be moving to Prince Albert, Sask. for 1 year

Kevin says:
I can't believe it has already been 3 years of seminary at Lutheran Theological Seminary. It still feels like I started seminary not too long ago. Now, Alice and I will be moving to Prince Albert, Sask. on Aug. 15 for my internship. I will be doing my internship at Messiah Lutheran Church there for about 12 months under the supervision of Pastor Dan Haugen. It was really great that I got to meet him last week when he flew down here on his plane to meet with me for a few hours.

This week, all of us interns just had a 2 1/2 days long Team-Building workshop with our respective internship supervisors/pastors (10 interns & 10 supervisors). It was a very fruitful time because we got to set up our Learning Covenant together, and I got to know my supervisor a little better. I'm really looking forward to starting my internship and getting my "hands and feet wet" with some real pastoral experience.

Alice will continue working her present job as an interpreter over the telephone. It's a very mobile job because she works over the telephone from anywhere. She is working very hard right now, about 40-48 hours per week to pay the bills so I feel very honoured and blessed by her. Without her hard work we would not be able to make it financially.

No comments: